Work Permit

A foreign national is required a work permit or authorization to work to be allowed to work in Canada under either of the following program: ​

The Temporary Foreign Worker Program:

  • A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is required for employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary labour and skill shortages.

The International Mobility Program (IMP):

  • The IMP lets employers hire temporary workers without an LMIA. 

If the temporary workers has a work permit that is about to expire, he or she needs to apply to extend it. The temporary worker must also apply to change the conditions of their permit if the conditions of work change.

Book a Consultation

You can schedule a consultation with us by using our “Online Consultation” form. Hourly consultation fees apply.

Book a Consultation
circle_right Make Call

Call Our Office For An Initial Consultation To Start Your Settlement Process In Canada


+1 6479609820
+1 3653384413